Updated October 27, 2020
During the Library Renovation, the Library is offering virtual and curbside pickup service until the renovation is complete in Spring of 2021. Our hours will remain the same as those listed below.
Staff Will Be Available
Library Services Continue
You will still be able to reach staff during Curbside Pickup hours via telephone, email, and chat. We are always happy to place item requests, answer questions or assist with any of our digital resources.
You will still be able to:
Library Services Continue
- We continue to provide virtual programs through Zoom, Facebook Live, & YouTube.
- Watch your mailbox for our monthly Elm Leaf.
- Register for any events on our our website program calendar.
- You can also register for other electronic newsletters to keep updated.
- Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Closed on Sunday
The Library is pleased to offer curbside pickup which is available during the Library’s service hours. Items must be requested in advance. You will be notified by email, text, or phone when holds are ready. At that time, call the Library and we will schedule an appointment for you to pick up your holds.
Please follow these steps when you arrive:
- Park in one of the two designated spots at the back parking lot of the Library.
- Close your vehicle windows and open your trunk.
- Have your library card number ready to show a staff member through the window.
- Call the Library at 847-259-3500 and we will bring your items to your vehicle.
- If you’re on a bicycle or on foot, we’ll place your items in a container.
No returns will be accepted through Curbside Pickup. Please use the drop box at the back of the building for all returns.
Placing Your Holds
You may place holds using our online catalog, by calling the library at 847-259-3500 or by using our chat line. You may also send your hold request via email to the Youth Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Adult services Department at email@example.com. When your holds become available, you will be notified by email, text, or phone. You may then call us during service hours to arrange for curbside pickup.
Our drive up book drop at the back of the building is open for returns. Please call the Library during service hours if you have an item that will not fit in the drop box.
Library Renovation Work
Please note that all items returned to the Library are quarantined for 3 days before being checked in and put back into circulation.
We are not accepting donations.
Follow our progress by visiting our renovation page.